Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

Default O.T.Bush's Intellect

"Hawke" wrote in message

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 22:49:13 -0500, Ed Huntress

wrote:
"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
What was Bush into Engineering ?

History. He was a history major at Yale, and got a C average. Think

about
it.

Didn't kerry eventually release his academic records, which showed he
was an equally iffy student?

Yep, Kerry's academic performance at Yale was equally as bad as Bush's.
Although listening to them talk you would never know it. The thing I don't
understand is how could Bush ever get into grad school. There is something
very fishy there. From personal experience I know that the standards to

get
into grad school are high. From what I know there is no grad school that
would accept "C" level students in their program. I would suspect that in
the Ivy league it would be even harder than most schools. In Bush's case I
can only chalk it up, like everything else, to his connections.

As a long-time resident of Princeton, I can confirm that connections in the
Ivy League were all-important in those days. The old timers resisted the
attempts to make the whole thing merit-based. In fact, even today, having
had a parent who graduated from Princeton is still a very positive thing to
have on your application.

My son just applied to Georgetown. They wanted to know about every relative,
living or dead, who had attended. And that's just the almost-Ivy-League. g

--
Ed Huntress