Posted to alt.home.repair
'Key

Default Locksmithing? Isn't that kinda like Knife Sharpening?

"PipeDown" wrote in message
nk.net...

Residential locksmithing may be obsolete

uh? no it isn't...

but comercially it is still a viable trade (though not
many openings). Many companies have the need to rekey
many doors at once or repair heavy duty metal door locks
or maintain electronic locking systems (of which there are
many to choose and all have installation issues).

agree...

It appears that door and window companies also provide
locksmithing services.

if they do ? they are not complete services.
none in my area provide any locksmithing services at all.

The locksmith shop that occupied the corner of the town
near where I grew up now has an antique store in that
locale.

maybe they moved, retired or just went mobile ?

I do think the "Corner Shop" model of locksmithing is
dead.

I don't. there are 12 "Corner Shop model of locksmithing" in
my area.

Your image of what a locksmith does is what's antiquated.

agree...
--
"Key"