Posted to alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair

Default Locksmithing? Isn't that kinda like Knife Sharpening?

I'd like to see Maggie the corksoaker install a proximity card system in a
large commercial building.

"Simpson Magee" wrote in message
Remember those trucks that used to cruise the hood back in the 1950's with
a loud clanging bell?

They would sharpen knives, scissors and stuff like that.

Today a $10.00 tool does it.

What happened?
People got smart.
Tools got better.\
The internet exposed the *secrets* of the braindead locksmith.

Isn't locksmithing kind of like that?

These days any idiot can install a lockset.

Carpenters do the project and development housing jobs.
Supers/Janitorial in'juneers do the already built apartment houses.

Locksmithing is obsolete.

What is the point of spending hours rebuilding some lockset, fabricating
pieces and so forth when the entire dammed thing cost $29.95?

I can see it for antique's, but no person with half an ounce of common
sense would let a locksmith anywhere near an antique lock.

They would drill it and ruin it in short order.

So what do locksmiths do for a second career?

Sell ice?

BWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!