Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Spotting manufacturing defect in new stove. How to react?

"phaeton" wrote in message

Should I get on the horn with Home Despot and demand a whole 'nother
stove?
Should I reach in and pull the screw out, and see if I can put it in
the right way and call it good?
Should I just leave it as-is and assume I'm overparanoid?

Number one is overkill.

Number two is really easy to do if it is not stripped or otherwise damaged.
May take just a few minutes.

Number three is probably OK as it is just holding the bottom pan in place,
but, since you paid for a perfect stove, if it cannot be fixed in a few
minutes, have them make a service call to check it out.