Posted to alt.home.repair
phaeton

Default Spotting manufacturing defect in new stove. How to react?

Makes me wonder why you are so worried about a screw while you are not
concerned about using an extension cord where non should be used!

The extension cord conductor wires are about 2x the size of the cord on
the stove itself, but in any event, this is only temporary until I can
visit a few more hardware or appliance stores for a longer, one-piece
appliance cord for the stove. (I only need another 8").

For now, I'm glad I didn't go through the trouble of putting a new cord
on it if I might get a different stove.

Thanks for the concern, though. :-)

-phaeton