Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Spotting manufacturing defect in new stove. How to react?

phaeton wrote:
New Maytag stove was delivered a couple of weeks ago. It is a gas
stove, and y'all might remember that I was leery about putting an
extension cord on the (110V) electric cable to run the ignitors, etc.

The Borg doesn't seem to have an appliance cord long enough. Odd.. So
for now it's a beefy extension cord.

Anyways... I opened the oven and took the racks out for its initial
cleaning, and I noticed that in the back of the oven, on the bottom
there are two screws. One seems to be seated properly into the
'floor' of the oven, but the other looks like it was driven in at
about a 30 degree angle, probably stripped to ****, and there it
sits, poking up about 1/2".

Should I get on the horn with Home Despot and demand a whole 'nother
stove?
Should I reach in and pull the screw out, and see if I can put it in
the right way and call it good?
Should I just leave it as-is and assume I'm overparanoid?

I mean, I don't want to cause a huge stink, really. But since I don't
know anything about the workings of stoves, I would like to be sure
that there isn't something *else* in this unit that wasn't half-assed
in. We are talking about the appliance that deals with gas,
electricity and fire.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

-Phaeton

Makes me wonder why you are so worried about a screw while you are not
concerned about using an extension cord where non should be used!

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit