Posted to rec.woodworking
Guess who

Default Jig or Ideas for making a clamp rack

On 3 Jan 2006 18:01:43 -0800, "rich" wrote:

And you could always do what I did, because I was in a bit of a hurry.
A 4 foot 2x4, two pieces 3 1/2 inch long of the same 2x4 for spacers,
and glue/screw the thing on the wall in a good location.

I use a 1x2 with a back piece that will screw into the wall joists. I
simply clamp the clamps onto the 1x2, and loosen off as needed. They
don't need to be clamped really tight, just a couple of easy quarter
turns after running the bottom part up to secure to the wood.
Slightly fussy for one or two, but I have a few seconds to spare.