Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques

Default Jig or Ideas for making a clamp rack

On 3 Jan 2006 12:30:17 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
quickly quoth:

I want to make a clamp rack for my bar and bessy clamps. Looking for
something along these lines
http://www.shoptours.org/member2/jypipeclamp.jpg
I'm struggeling to figure out how to efficiently cut all the slots for
the clamps. I have a dado blade but don't know if it could make a
deep enough cut, and I wanted to avoid doing it all with my jig saw.
Any ideas?

I made the A-frame style so the clamps just hang onto the angled
"ladder" sides. With a framed box on the bottom, I can store my
C-clamps and wooden clamps, too.

--
If you turn the United States on its side,
everything loose will fall to California.