Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
Ed Huntress

Default OT - Stella

"Sue" wrote in message

And what do you do about a monkey? I believe it was recently at the
Fresno Zoo that a monkey threw a banana (or something else slippery)
out of his cage. Before the zoo keepers could get it cleaned up a
woman slipped on it and hurt herself. I don't remember what the
extent of the damage was. Anyway, she's suing the zoo.
Sue

We can get miffed about cases like this forever, but many people
misunderstand the basis of much of tort law in the US. We used to think only
in terms of negligence and fault. Now you have to consider the principle of
strict liability.

And, before you snort it away, it would be a good idea to read some cases
that have been decided on that basis. It's a double-edged sword, but few
people, having read illuminating cases, would do away with it. Well, maybe
some of the curmudgeons here. g

--
Ed Huntress