Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,comp.robotics.misc
pogo

Default anyone used diamond tipped blades in circular saw for cutting of soft aluminum extrusions ?

Has anyone used diamond tipped blades in circular saw for cutting of
soft
aluminum extrusions, etc. ?
Any comments from experience are welcomed !

Mount a plywood or veneer blade so that it rotates backwards.
Works well, and doesn't dull the blade or "grab" thin stock.

I tried this today and was amazed at how clean of a cut and how well it
worked ! It cut 80/20 1" extrusion like a champ. Thanks again for a great
suggestion!

( I'm also posting this to the robotics newsgroup because they are the guys
that suggested I look this one up. )