Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
J. Clarke

Default He said No to Walmart

yourname wrote:

If you really wanted to glean the most energy from corn, don't convert it
to ethanol, just burn it. If you do that, it's cheaper per btu than
natural gas.

Of course natural gas is 'free' just sittin in the damn ground, and the
cost of sticking a valve on top of the hole has not changed much in the
last 10 years, but the amount we are willing to pay for it has.

Still cheaper if that hole is in Mexico than if it is in Alabama. Dammit.

The amount we are willing to pay for corn as fuel has not changed nearly
as much

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate