Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilson

Default Flywheel on a rotary phase convertor

Robert Swinney wrote...
IMO, you need to lose the thinking of a RPC as being a form of generator.

Hrm. Is this in response to my post, or Christopher's? I don't think I
view a RPC as a generator at all. Perhaps it's more like a rotating
transformer.

snip

It would be aprox. the same to put the flywheel on the
load motor instead.

Most of what you said seemed reasonable (I snipped all the
unobjectionable parts), but this statement can only be true under limited
conditions. There would be a large difference in performance between the
two systems for example when plug reversing is used.

Cheers,

Jim