Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.transport
Conor

Default 'Steam' powered cars...

In article , The Natural
Philosopher says...
On 03 Jan 2006 12:32:53 GMT, Adrian wrote:

Doctor Drivel ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

Roll on fuel cells.

If battery technology progresses like it is, then even these will be
by-passed to direct electric drives.

Battery technology will ALWAYS have the problem of the charging delay.

I've seen prototype panasonic 5 minute recharge LIPO cells announced.

How long does it take you to fill an empty petrol tank?

To power a vehicle for the same distance one of those LIPO cell
batteries could manage? A second?

--
Conor

I'm so grateful to the USA for their contribution to the war on terror.
After all, if they hadn't funded the IRA for 30 years, we wouldn't know
what terror was.