Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.transport
The Natural Philosopher

Default 'Steam' powered cars...

On 03 Jan 2006 20:30:51 GMT, Adrian wrote:

are familiar with.

Right. So how long will it take to recharge the battery sufficiently to
give me 600 mile range? Five minutes? Sold. Eight hours? Useless.

Curent LIPO batteries that I use are 90% charged in under an hour.

You have to ramp down the charge curent to squeeze the last 10% in..that
takes another 20 mins..but realistically you wouldn't bother in a 'fast
charge'

If you only half fill (or halgf emoty them) them they only take 25 mins or
so.

Now that is not acceptable for long distance driving, see my previous post
for what may be expected in the future - yes, 5 min charging is on the
cards. The battery developers are aware of your sentiments.

I'd like to see someone dumping in liquid hydrogen at that rate, safely, as
well, for fuel cells..:-)