Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Phillipson

Default Spotting manufacturing defect in new stove. How to react?

"phaeton" wrote in message
ups.com...

New Maytag stove was delivered a couple of weeks ago. . . .
Anyways... I opened the oven and took the racks out for its initial
cleaning, and I noticed that in the back of the oven, on the bottom
there are two screws. One seems to be seated properly into the 'floor'
of the oven, but the other looks like it was driven in at about a 30
degree angle, probably stripped to ****, and there it sits, poking up
about 1/2".

Should I get on the horn with Home Despot and demand a whole 'nother
stove?

Since this appears to be a manufacturing defect, email Maytag
today to ask whether they wish to repair the appliance or you
should replace it.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs