Posted to alt.home.repair
chickenwing

Default Pressure-treated lumber inside the house

wrote:
Ues stainless steel hardware. Better to use the steel studs instead of
wood in that application, I shoud think.

or he could get a box of galvanized 16's

i use the drill alot when making something like this
i pre-drill the hole, and use vinyal coated deck screws

you really need at least a 16 when binding 2x4's together
end to end, like I say, the drill is the only way to make them
stay without splitting the ends...sometimes you are very
close to the end...or! if I had a good nailer, I could shoot
it with some 16's...