Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

Default LED Bulbs?

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 19:07:07 +0000 (UTC), (Don
Klipstein) wrote:

In art. , mm wrote in part:
On Sun, 1 Jan 2006 "Greg Pasquariello" wrote:

So I guess my real question is, can someone _recommend_ an LED replacement
bulb manufacturer or product that works well as a replacement bulb in a
typical home setting.

If they could make such things, you'd hear about them all over.

It's only in the last couple years they've tried to make flashlights
with leds, and they're not as good. The big thing they have going for
them is that the batteries last a very long time.

Bulbs that are plugged in don't benefit from this.

I mostly agree, except that LED flashlights have been around for more
than just a couple years and there are some good ones now and have been
at least a couple years - just more expensive than regular flashlights.

Most LED flashlights are available mainly online rather than in retail
establishments. I suspect that retail establishments try to sell
batteries, but consumer demand for LED flashlights is in the process of
forcing retailers to sell more LED flashlights.

The Wal-Mart store here has a lot of LED flashlights for sale. That
includes little keychain ones (that use button cells), large D-cell
flashlights, and head-mounted lights,

Check out
http://ledmuseum.home.att.net/ledleft.htm

This is the website of Craig Johnson's "LED Museum" and "Punishment Zone"
(mostly a review of hundreds of lighting items, mostly LEDs and LED
products, mostly flashlights).

- Don Klipstein )

--
Mark Lloyd