Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Gabriel

Default New Boiler = Room Stat = Part 'P' & Part 'L' question (long)

In article ,
"Christian McArdle" writes:
here's the part P question. how can I run the connecting wire for
the room stat from the boiler to the living room ?

Room stat wiring will usually be low voltage, hence outside scope of Prat

P.

That is not true. Room stat wiring is usually at full mains voltage. Some
combi boilers (but certainly not all) may have low voltage signalling, but
almost all system boiler installations will not be. With a combi, you
certainly can't assume that it is low voltage without investigating the
installation manual.

Also, there is no exemption from Prat P for extra low voltage
wiring (which is I presume what you mean, as mains wiring is
"low voltage").

--
Andrew Gabriel