Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero

Default Long 1/2 inch router cutter

"Rick" wrote in message
Folks

I am looking for a LONG straight router cutter, to cut a grove in a
piece of oak.

Ideally I want to get to a 75mm depth, about 12mm in diamater, but
anything arround that size will be OK. The best I can find is 63mm, I
suppose I could be brave/stupid and not put it into the collect fully.

I am cutting a rebate for a door, into a lintel. We have cut the
lintel out of an oak branch, so the bottom still has the bark on it.
The curved shape has ment a good bit of material has to be accuratly
removed. The current attack plan is to cut the edge of the hole with
the router, and then hack out the middle with a chizel.

I am hoping not to have to change this plan.

While I am asking, I also want some long straight edges, to clamp to
some wonkey oak planks, and drive the router along to strighten the
edges. So far the favorite plan is to get som 5x75mm aliminimum strip
from the local stocksest, is this a good plan, or is there a better
way. These planks have upto an inch of "wonk" in them.

Thanks
Rick

If all else fails you could try a 'saw drill' in an ordinary hand drill. I
have a set made by 'rolson' (lower case 'r' is correct) which has three
sizes - 3, 6 and 8mm. The 8mm is about 95mm long which should be OK for
your
job, although I think they're rather a crude tool for general use.

Is there any reason why you shouldn't use a plane or saw for straightening
your planks? Perhaps I've misunderstood the nature of your job.

Cic.