Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik

Default How to open a B&D work bench?

"dean" wrote in
ups.com:

It can't be as bad a design as I think it is. I lift it up vertically
or just a bit more, slap down the back feet and lift up the front feet.
Then I do a bit of painful gymnastics to get it onto all fours,
spread-eagle myself onto the two front feet, and raise the SOB, which
is nigh on impossible with a vice bolted down to the top.

Tips welcome.

If you are referring to the B&D Workmate;

Why not raise it up first,then flip out the feet?
It's designed to be used with feet out or not out.
Just rock it back to flip out the front feet,then rock it forward to flip
out the rear feet.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik