Posted to alt.home.repair
yourname

Default help - leaking flat roof

boaz wrote:
Hi,

I don't know much about house fixing. I will try my best to decribe my
roof.

It is one of those spanish-style flat roof.
It is rectangular with a small opening in the middle at the back of my
house.

The roof is about 8 years old.
I hired a roofer to re-did the whole roof 8 years ago
The roofer covered the roof with all kind of paper and then he put hot tar
on top of it and then put more those sand paper on top.

People said this kind of roof could last around 10-15 years. But... no
matter... it is leaking.

When it rains very hard, the opening is not big enough to drain the water.
When I go up the roof to see, it looks like a small pool.

It is where it is leaking from the small pool of water near the opening.

I was trying to patch it myself. I went up there and walked around to see
if there is any crack or something. Sometimes I saw a nail poping out. I
would pull the nail out and used those black roof patching thing to patch
it.

It stoped the leak for a while. But it is leaking again.

Would you guys give me some suggestions on how to fix the leak before I give
up and call the roofer please? Many thanks!!

I would have it replaced with rubber.

Properly done it should last a very long time

Properly done....