Posted to alt.home.repair

Default replace expansion joints in concrete

wrote:
There is a felt joint in the middle acrros my garage floor. It is
fairly rotted and soaked with automotive fluid after years. I removed
it all with a screw driver. Then used a 5/8" foam filler rod and
silicone caulk to fill the gap. This fixed the cosmetics but now I
was thinking maybe I did something bad, should I reinstalled a piece of
new felt? Is the whole slab going to move and cause problems? The
garage is 20 years old.

If I get a new piece of felt how do I get it in the joint properly?

Thanks in advance

Felt is a very inexpensive and less effective replacement for a
sealant+backing rod joint. They used the felt because garage floor
joints are so easy to seal that even felt will work.

In effect, you have "upgraded" the joint.

Jazon