Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

Default British Government To Use Space Satellites To Track Home Improvements

"Bob Martin" wrote in message
in 1261666 20060102 165102 "Swingman" wrote:
"Ivan" wrote in message

I expect that by the time this lot is eventually kicked out of office,

we
will be bricking in our windows to avoid paying window tax!

I am surprised that they even need surveillance of any kind. When I was
living in England you had to have your TV license plainly visible in a

front
window and there was no shortage of private citizen busybodies who would
walk around looking for people to report ... and that was 40 years ago.

Sorry, but this is nonsense.
I've had a TV licence for 50 years and I have never heard of such a

thing!!

"Nonsense"? Must be nice to have been so blissfully unaware of what was a
notable, ubiquitous practice ... or else you just lived in a more genteel
town than Hounslow in the mid 60's.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05