Posted to uk.d-i-y
.

Default New Boiler = Room Stat = Part 'P' & Part 'L' question (long)

Christian McArdle wrote:
so I will have to up the budget by £13 and buy a battery powered
digital stat /if/ the boiler is compatible with such a device ?

The boiler will be compatible with a battery powered digital stat.

thanks for your continuing input, how about the cable run in
relation to the regs ?

Either:

(a) claim you know nothing about it

is one option I am seriously considering. when we toshed the house out about
10 years ago, several cables were installed which haven't yet been used.
remote control for the ex immersion heater, extra HD shower circuit, etc. and I
do have a large amount of pre harmonisation T&E

it would be difficult to prove that the cable wasn't installed 10 years ago.

(b) get it signed off at great expense by an electrician
(c) get it signed off at great expense by the local council
(d) use an RF stat

With it buried in plaster, I doubt you'd be able to claim it wasn't
fixed wiring, despite the fact that the whole lot sits off an
FCU/plug+socket. You could always ask your local BCO for their
opinion.

thanks again for your input, I'll print this thread out, pass it to brother in law
and make a descision off the back of /his/ signature, I think.