Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble

Default Blinds for double-glazed windows

Mr Fixit wrote:
"John" wrote in message

wrote in message
groups.com...

I've recently moved into this flat which has got double-glazed windows.
I want to have venetian blinds put up, but I've been told by various
probably non-knowledgeable salespeople that I can't do this without
damaging the double-glazed window units. Is this true? Surely people
have venetian blinds on double-glazed windows? Appreciate any info.

Daisy

The only damage I can see being caused in a normal installation is there
will be holes left by the screws if and when the blinds are removed.

HTH

John

I have put blinds up with out drilling the windows I have either drilled
though the side or the top of the reveal (if that's the right word )

You can use short self-tapping screws anywhere where they won't hit lock
or hinge mechanisms. Pilot drill the smallest hole you can.