Posted to uk.d-i-y
.

Default New Boiler = Room Stat = Part 'P' & Part 'L' question (long)

Christian McArdle wrote:
Well the good news is that it will be low voltage. The bad news is
that it will probably be 230V "low voltage".

eh ? low 230V as in not 415V ? elaborate.

Indeed.

If you're thinking of the around 12V sort of mark, that is officially
"extra low voltage".

ah, of course.

£5.99 vs at least £20 for a digital version, it's cost effective for
me and any future cost effectiveness can be dealt with by the new
owners. all I really need to determine is the cable run in relation
to the various regulations.

Well if the cable run is simple, then there's nothing to worry about.
I would only use an RF stat if a wired one was not possible. Remember
that a mechanical stat can't work on a twin wire installation. It
requires 3 wires including a 230V supply from the programmer, which
may not available from a combi.

keeping it simple and cheap is the prime mover, adding a £100 RF
stat does not make any sense within this context and as the walls
have to be re decorated anyway, chasing the walls out and running
themover with a trowel full of jollop isn't really a problem.

Well, if redecorating is not a problem, then you can't beat wires for
reliability.

right, now you're up to speed :-) can you see any problems with the cable run
following the gas pipe in the diagram depicted in my original post, in relation
to the various regulations ?