Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default New Boiler = Room Stat = Part 'P' & Part 'L' question (long)

"." [email protected] wrote in message
Christian McArdle wrote:
discover I need TRV on ALL the rads rather tham all but one, and
a room stat into the bargain.

You are mistaken.

I'm not, well, I wasn't, it was the brother in law who said /all/ rads
need TRVs
and the interweb said all but one. I was firmly with the web on that one
but
he disagreed. I thought that having two stats would confuse the boiler.

I /must/ have a room stat so the front room will be the rad without the
TRV,
the only issue now is the cable run through the kitchen and behind the
skirting. if it is low voltage I shouldn't have a problem with parts P & L

is that right ? I'm only using a cheap £5.99 bimetallic room stat.

To have TVRs on all rads one method is have an auto by-pass valve fitted
between the flow and return. Have a boiler which can maintain a constant
flow temp. Have a it set to 80C. Balance the system to 10C across the rads
and boiler, if an existing system. Install a pipe stat on the boiler
return, so that the burner is off at 71C.