Posted to uk.d-i-y
.

Default New Boiler = Room Stat = Part 'P' & Part 'L' question (long)

Christian McArdle wrote:
here's the part P question. how can I run the connecting wire for
the room stat from the boiler to the living room ?

Room stat wiring will usually be low voltage, hence outside scope of
Prat P.

That is not true. Room stat wiring is usually at full mains voltage.
Some combi boilers (but certainly not all) may have low voltage
signalling, but almost all system boiler installations will not be.
With a combi, you certainly can't assume that it is low voltage
without investigating the installation manual.

Christian.

the only reference to stat voltage that I can find in the inatallation
manual / service manual is "DO NOT CONNECT LIVE WIRES TO
TERMINALS TO WHICH THE ROOM THERMOSTAT MUST BE
CONNECTED"

from which I deduce that the boiler /needs/ a stat and is low volatge ?