Posted to uk.d-i-y
.

Default New Boiler = Room Stat = Part 'P' & Part 'L' question (long)

(B)util kitchen din rm (st) liv rm
______________________________________________ 22mm gas

I I I I I
I I I I I
I I I I I
I I I I I
I I I I XI
I I I I I

(B) = Boiler (st) = room stat. X= gas meter, the rest is self evident

so I went ahead and bought the biasi condensing combi and flue
during B&Qs last 20% off bonanza. less than £500 all in, which
was nice. then I read a bit more into the new installation regs and
discover I need TRV on ALL the rads rather tham all but one, and
a room stat into the bargain.

fair enough on the TRVs, I'm replacing one rad and adding another
when the system is drained down and I'm hoping that the rads which
didn't have TRVs aren't siezed.

the main question I have is regarding the room stat and how to wire it
back to the boiler. 10 years ago when the house in question was refurbed
(toshed out) the 22mm gas pipe was run along the wall at skirting height,
through the living room, dining room and kitchen where the crap plumber
dropped it down to 15mm* and continued into the utility rom. a few months
later, the boiler was installed in the utility room and all was well.

the 22mm gas pipe was boxed in behind the 7" skirting, clipped onto
the brick and follows through under the kitchen units into the utility room.

here's the part P question. how can I run the connecting wire for the room
stat from the boiler to the living room ? I'm ok in the utility room as there
are no units, the kitchen will be a right pain as there is no way I can remove
the units, access under the kitchen will be by the plinth only. the dining
room skirting can be popped off as we are redecorating that room anyway,
same goes for the living room.

I plan to run the cable with the gas pipe, behind the skirting, the full length
of the house as it would be one really simple cable pull of about 12m but
I'm guessing there will be issues with part P and possibly part L ?

the big Q: does a simple 2 wire stat connection come under part P OR part L ?

can anyone see any regulatory problems with what I plan to do ?

the boiler work is being commissioned and signed off by my brother in law
who is corgi regd and has done part P and part L but he has got it wrong in
the past and I'd like some second opinions as the house will be on the
market soonish and I don't want any legal hiccups.

thanks in advance

* being changed to 22mm