Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

Default Zenith 46" PVT4661DT has sound, no picture

Jon Pickens wrote:
Hi...

I have the chance to get the above mentioned TV from my girlfriend's
dad for $150. It turns on and has sound but no picture. He doesn't
remember exactly what was done, but it was repaired once.

He says the guns are fine, but apparently there's a problem with the
main board that's causing this problem. He doesn't know specifically
what though. He did mention that when it was repaired in the past, the
tech that did the work stated that it would happen again in a year. Lo
and behold it died again around a year later.

I question the tech's abilities as it seems the symptom, not the
problem, was treated.

Has anyone had experience with this model or similar models exhibiting
the same problem?

It was made around 1997.

Thanks,

~jp

I sure wouldn't pay for a dead nearly decade old RPTV. I've picked up
half a dozen of them for free over the last few years, gotten most
working by now but they're no picnic to work on. Look a bit harder,
someone will give you one eventually, some will even pay to have a
broken one hauled off.