Posted to sci.electronics.repair
spudnuty

Default Help Reading Sony Schematic

Degull wrote:
I've narrowed down the problem on my TV, but I need some help reading
a schematic. What do solid black arrows with values next to them
pointing to inputs/outputs mean? There are no units (V, Ohms
etc.)beside them, so I'm assuming they are DC volts?

I'm pretty sure that the main speaker amplifier is defective, but
before I go through the process of ordering another one, I would like
to confirm that the supply voltage is present. On the IC it shows a
value of 21.5 with a solid black arrow pointing to VCC, can I assume
that I should have a reading 21.5 VDC at this pin?

Those are voltages and are DC. There will also "TP"s on these boards
that are test points for crucial voltages.
Could you give a more extensive description of your problem? What's the
model #? Is there no sound at all? Is it tuning properly? Is there
sound on the line outputs? There is a common problem with Sonys of a
certain type where the sound just goes out or gets really flakey but
the line output is unaffected.
Look for "Sony KV-32TS35 No Audio" in this same forum, posted Dec 30. I
actually had one like that and bought the part from Mats. Works fine.
Very satisfying.
Richard