Posted to alt.electronics
J-McC

Default Does anyone know the spec on this resistor? - resistor.jpg (0/1) OR CAPACITOR

Hi If you are in Australia (the header says bigpond.net.au) then
Speedie spares(Melb) or WES components in Sydney, GB Tele spares in
Melbourne, may be able to help.
Why not contact Hallmark Computers who I think are importers of
viewsonic monitors and see who does their repairs.
I used to service this sort of stuff but my eyes are not upto it
anymore. I tend to agree with one of the other respondants that 5n6
sounds like 5600 picafarad 2kv capacitor, these would be on the rare
side now but are about right value for horizantal deflection circuits.
In the WES catalog there is a .0056Uf 2kv cap at $2.95 (1997 price)
part no KP-0056, their web site is http://www.wagner.net.au/Sections/

Jim McCardle J McC

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:26:32 GMT, Matt Russell
wrote:

Attached photo shows a resistor (I think) with the following written
across it:

R73 KP
K7

And across the top of it:

5n6 H 2000

It measures 1"L x .6"H x .25"W
2 leads

It started flaming in a 21" Viewsonic Monitor, and I'm not sure how or
where to order a replacement. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, it was located a few inches from the flyback and right next to
some power transistors. Is it likely that the root of the problem is
something other than this part?

Many thanks, Matt