Alaric B Snell

Default so he has a point

Eastburn wrote:
Yea - the medium sized stuff - otherwise there would not be a door
near by and never have anyone walking anywhere near the field.

Indeed... I got the impression it was a logistical failure, that the
cylinder guy and the magnet people didn't know about each other's
activities.

e.g. one sees the up/down dip on a scope -
and
yea we found some xxx. Been there done that.

You found some XXX? What, stashed behind the magnet? :-)

Regarding the people - normally they are stripped of all and I mean all
metal.
This means for some a medical inspection of their eyes. Those with pins
in
their legs or plates in their skulls are excluded from work near the
magnet.

I've had a few NMR scans myself for various reasons. The techs said that
sometimes you do a head scan and the result comes out with the person's
skull all twisted and creepy looking, and it turns out there was an iron
filing caught in their hair or something like that - not big enough to
form a projectile in the field, but it distorts the scanning somewhat!

Martin

ABS