Posted to alt.home.repair
KTECH

Default Painting a Smooth Finish on an Interior Door

For what it's worth I found I can get good results using a paint or water
based poly pad and moving the material the entire length of the doorin one
stroke. Takes som getting used to but results are passable and the job goes
quickly.
Good luck!! Happy New Year to all of you.
rank
"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message
Matt wrote:
I have a new interior door and I have some new acrylic paint
from Lowe's. Whats the best way to paint it so that there is
a smooth finish?

I bought a fine brush, but I don't have the technique down
so that I can lay the paint smoothly. I also used a roller
that paints it evenly but doesn't leave a very smooth surface.

Thanks for your help and time,
Matt

The little 4" foam rollers work pretty well and give an even surface, but
it isn't really smooth. I don't think you can get a really smooth surface
with latex without spraying it.