Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default 1987 homes compare to newer homes

wrote in message
oups.com...
Whatever you do GET HOME INSPECTION! Buyers friend sellers nightmare!!!

You will likely spend more on repairs with older home, and new roof is
very likely

Be sure to find out what is NOT covered in a home inspection too. they miss
a lot of important stuff and have no liability if they do. They are not
required to do much probing around. IMO, if you know someone that is very
handy around the house they can do as good a job as some of the inspectors.

I guess "older" home has different meanings in different parts of the
country. Here in New England, 50 to 00 years is considered old, 200 years
still very common. My son's neighborhood is all 220+ year old homes. He is
right up the street from Benedict Arnold's place.