Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Dvivian

Default General 16018-2-M1

wrote:
Donald, how long have you had this lathe and does it have a reeves
drive?

I bought it in June, it does have a reevse drive. But as of yet it has
not caused me a single problem. I bought it from House of Tools, and the
salesman I dealt with has been great, he helped me out when it came to
getting a new piece for the tailstock at no charge, and I was at fault
for the handle breaking. I have heard both good things and bad things
about the reeves drive. For the amount of turning I do, I didnt want to
spend the extra $1700 for the larger model. I will wait and see how it
holds up, if it gives allot of trouble I will then have to look at
something different. Bot for now I am very pleased with it.

Donald Vivian