Posted to alt.privacy,uk.politics.misc,rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser

Default British Government To Use Space Satellites To Track Home Improvements

"Swingman" wrote:

"Ivan" wrote in message

I expect that by the time this lot is eventually kicked out of
office, we will be bricking in our windows to avoid paying window
tax!

I am surprised that they even need surveillance of any kind. When I
was living in England you had to have your TV license plainly visible
in a front window and there was no shortage of private citizen
busybodies who would walk around looking for people to report ... and
that was 40 years ago.

I was living there 40 years ago. Those were the days! Had to have your
parking lights on when you parked in the street. My car had a dead battery
for about six months and I collected about five pounds of tickets. Buggers
sent two plain clothes cops up to the base to collect me for unpaid fines.
Hauled me into town and then told me to find my own way home.