Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Wayne C. Gramlich

Default Announce - Open Source CNC website

Cliff wrote:
On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 05:35:18 GMT, "Wayne C. Gramlich"
wrote:

Please note that the IGES 5.3 specification is not freely
available.

You might ask at your local library if they can get a copy ....
last I knew in the US there was the inter-library loan service.
An ISBN number might be handy, if it has one (I did not look).

On top of that try http://www.iges5x.org/ ,

[snip]

http://www.iges5x.org/archives/version5x/ G.

Definitely cheaper than shelling $400+ for the official
document.

With some digging around using Google I was able to find a
draft version of the 6.0 specification at:

http://www.devdept.com/code/ogif/version6.pdf

I have not found any copyright notice in the downloaded
the file above yet.

Thanks,

-Wayne