Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley

Default Ski wax solvent

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 13:09:20 -0000, "Big Ron"
wrote:

I just want to eliminate the messing about with a hot iron to apply the wax

You need the hot application, else you get a very short wax lifetime.
Rub-on waxes are OK for refilling over lunch, but they don't last
anything like as well as a hot waxing.

If you're looking for wax solvents for ski waxes, then anything will do
it - white spirit is probably simplest (google for techniques in making
it - I've got my own pages up on doing it for furniture polishes). Even
easier though is to just buy a soft paste wax, such as a bulk floor wax.
I wouldn't do this on snow, but it's pretty important for dry slopes.