Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH

Default How much to offer home seller

Default User wrote:
dadiOH wrote:
Mike wrote:

"kokonutty" wrote in message
oups.com...

100% wrong. A "buyer's agent" contracts with the buyer to
represent only the buyer.

Duh...We know what they are legally supposed to do. We were dealing
in reality.

And both the reality and legality are as "kokonutty" said. There is
a difference between a "buyer's agent" and the normal realtor with
whom a buyer is dealing. The latter is always representing the
seller, the former is not.

The point is, who PAYS the agent? It's not (in almost all cases in the
US) the buyer. It's the seller who pays. The lower the price, the less
commission for the agent. That's a fact of the real-estate game.

The buyer pays a buyer's agent (as kokonutty also said). They do not
share in the commission from any purchare made by the person hiring
them.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...