Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Soldering copper pipe connected to PEX

"D Duddles" wrote in message

Does anyone know how far I have to be away from the PEX connection before
I can safely sweat a fitting into the copper pipe? If I just wrap a wet
towel near the PEX connection (between the crimp and the joint to be
soldered), will this be an adequate heat sink to avoid damage to it?

I'd guess you are OK but if you want to be sure, wrap a couple of wet rag
around the copper away from where you will solder. That will make a heat
sink.

I'd look at using compression fittings made for pex tubing. My local
hardware store carries them.