Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default measureing for a new storm door

"Boothbay" wrote in message
oups.com...
Too bad they don't come over and measure and
give an estimate at the same time. I guess those days are gone forever.
Have to pay for their time...they say.

Who is "they"? If you are talking about the big box stores, they are
interested in high volume, fast turnover, and don't much give a damn about
you. OTOH, many small independent contractors will be happy to come to your
house and show you some brochures, talk about what you need, and do the
measuring while there. And do it for less than the big guys. I made a
comfortable buck doing just that and underpricing Sears by 20% or more for
the same door from the same factory.