Posted to alt.home.repair
calhoun

Default measureing for a new storm door

"Boothbay" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks to all that replied. I cannot remove door and bring to home
depot...nearest store...i don't own a car. After I posted the original
message, I came across a Anderson brochure that shows how to measure
for a new storm door. It shows horizontal arrows going to each end of
the opening...not the door itself and the same vertically. So now its
more confuseing than ever. Too bad they don't come over and measure and
give an estimate at the same time. I guess those days are gone forever.
Have to pay for their time...they say.

Home Depot comes out and measures and gives you an estimate.
Generally you just measure the interior door slab that should be the measure
of the storm.