Posted to alt.home.repair
Default User

Default How much to offer home seller

dadiOH wrote:
Mike wrote:

"kokonutty" wrote in message
groups.com...

100% wrong. A "buyer's agent" contracts with the buyer to represent
only the buyer.

Duh...We know what they are legally supposed to do. We were dealing
in reality.

And both the reality and legality are as "kokonutty" said. There is a
difference between a "buyer's agent" and the normal realtor with whom a
buyer is dealing. The latter is always representing the seller, the
former is not.

The point is, who PAYS the agent? It's not (in almost all cases in the
US) the buyer. It's the seller who pays. The lower the price, the less
commission for the agent. That's a fact of the real-estate game.

Again, as the bulk of my message made clear (people seem not to have
paid attention to it), good agents put that aside and work hard for the
buyer.

Brian