Posted to alt.home.repair
Default User

Default How much to offer home seller

kokonutty wrote:
100% wrong. A "buyer's agent" contracts with the buyer to represent
only the buyer. In some areas this may be unheard of but to find out,
you need to check with the appropriate state regulatory agency. A
"buyer's agent" often works on an hourly rate, not a share of the
commission.

You fail to understand. The OP was concerned because he thought the
buying agent had an interest in the property selling high because the
agent's company represented it. Well, the buying agent gets a share of
the percentage of the selling price. They are always working for the
seller. That's just the way it is.

A good agent, as I said elsewhere in the post (you didn't bother to
quote, you should do that) will put aside momentary opportunities to
make money and do a good job for the buyer. Again, you didn't quote my
example of an agent possibly hurting herself to represent me properly.
That's because a successful agent knows the money is in repeat business
and referrals.

Brian