Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fred McKenzie

Default 30 Watt, 8 inch "Cool White" Circular Lamp Source

In article , "Michael Ware"
wrote:

Try this site, they seem to have quite a selection. I wouldn't be too
concerned with the wattage (30W old vs 22W new) I think they are just making
them 'energy-saving' now.

Brad & Michael-

Doesn't the ballast determine the Wattage? If so, the 22 Watt lamps may
be bright enough, but not last as long as the 30 Watt lamps.

I don't recall ever seeing a 30 Watt 8 inch circular lamp. What company
made the fixture? Perhaps they have a retro-fit kit that would adapt the
fixture to use the more commonly available lamps?

Fred