Posted to sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair
Mike Deblis

Default Tek 7904A rapid ticking - no HT...

Hi,

Bad day at the office (shack) - two failure in one day ;-(

I recently turned on my trusty 7904A after perhaps 2 years of non-use...

It briefly displayed both traces (linup is 2 x 7A26, 7B92A, 7B53A), and
then the traces dissapeared after about 10 seconds and the scope is
issuing a rapid "ticking" at about 200 Hz - more of a sharp-edged buzz
really. Now when I turn it on, I only get the buzz/tick.

Removing all the plugins makes no difference...

I'm not a HT person. Ideas? If it helps, I'm in the Uk.

Many thanks