Posted to alt.privacy,uk.politics.misc,rec.woodworking
mike hide

Default British Government To Use Space Satellites To Track Home

"Borked Pseudo Mailed" wrote in message
d.net...
On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 13:53:59 +0000, EC-10 wrote:

Andy wrote:

John Prescott has told tax inspectors to use satellites to snoop on
householders' attempts to improve their homes.

If the government's got the money spare to indulge in this sort of
nonsense then the British electorate has a lot to answer for.

On the other hand, the best way to defeat such a scheme would simply be
to make sure you apply for all the right planning permissions and
declare all the stuff you're supposed to declare.

What would the result be?

more taxes collected, which is good for the public -
better upkeep of streets, public buildings; more money for
libraries, schools.

more expensive to improve one's home because of the
resulting higher taxes on it; therefore less work for contractors;
fewer sales of building materials.

Who knows what the bottom line is, except that it is
achieved by moving money from individuals to the public
treasury.

Why not do away with the satellite surveillance and the
army of tax snoops and impose a tax on all retail purchases,
with partial or full quarterly rebates for people whose
income was below some amount?

I guess I am just tired on the various governments wanting more and more
taxes .It is about time they were limited to what they currently get and no
more . I am on a fixed income so every additional tax really hurts me in the
pocketbook ,Never yet have they asked me if I can afford additional taxes .
What do they do with the additional taxes and federal [Taxpayer] handouts ,
Blanko the Louisana governor just finished paying for renovation of one of
her office floors ,Italian marble countertops and all, a little over 1/2
million, just makes my blood boil....