Posted to rec.woodworking
Ron Magen

Default Bar clamps from HF

Mike,
FWIW . . . there's an old saying among boatbuilders {& other woodworkers??}-
". . . you CAN'T have too many clamps !!

With clamps like these {and the wood-jawed clamps as well} it's a case of
'Form follows Function'. In cases like this it's a good bet that many of the
clamps you see at supply outlets as well as the 'Harbor Freight' types, are
made in the SAME factory in China.

Almost every time I see them on sale, I get a half-dozen or so {more in the
12" sizes for me, but I have them up to 50"}.

All I can say is, if they are of a size you generally use and the price is
GOOD - - BUY more than you *think* you'll use.

Regards & Good Luck,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop

wrote in message
oups.com...
Can I safely go cheap with these bar clamps from Harbor Freight:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=5976

Or are they not worth it? Perhaps the bar isn't as thick as the
Jorgensen clamps I can get at Home Depot (for twice the price).

Mike