Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike W.

Default Raised panels on the table saw

Thanks, Rudolph. I made what sounds like a similar jig. I'd like to
see yours so if you would, post it to apbw. I'll post mine there as well.

I, too, have a Forrest WoodWorker II. I was doing my angles at 14
degrees with my blade set probably around 3-4 inches which may have made
it tougher for me, but I am going to send my Forrest blade in for a
fresh sharpening before I do it again.

Thanks.

Mike W.

Rudolph Wilhelm wrote:
I made 18 raised panels Thursday night. One pass each, no burn marks,
and about one minute sanding on each. I made a quick and dirty jig
consisting of a piece of plywood screwed to the fence to give it some
height, and a piece of plywood screwed to the mitre gauge. Set the the
blade height to 1 3/4" @ 5 degrees. I think the most important part is
having a decent blade. I use a Forrest WoodWorker 2. If you like, I'll
post a pic of the jig on abpw.